MODELS QP430SS • QP436SS • QP442SS
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR
INJURY TO PERSONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
If you have questions, contact the manufacturer at the address
or telephone number listed in the warranty.
2. Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service
panel and lock the service disconnecting means to prevent
power from being switched on accidentally. When the service
disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten a
prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the service panel.
3. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by a
qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes
and standards, including fire-rated construction.
4. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting
of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment
to prevent backdrafting. Follow the heating equipment
manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those
published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA),
and the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and
Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code
5. This product may have sharp edges. Be careful to avoid cuts
and abrasions during installation and cleaning.
6. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage
electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
7. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
8. Use only metal
Do not use this fan with any solid-state speed control device.
10. As an alternative, this product may be installed with the
UL-approved cord kit designated for the product, following
instructions packed with the cord kit.
11. This unit must be grounded.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Never leave surface units unattended at high settings.
Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may
ignite. Heat oils slowly on low or medium settings.
2. Always turn hood ON when cooking at high heat or when
flambéing food (i.e. Crepes Suzette, Cherries Jubilee,
Peppercorn Beef Flambé).
3. Clean ventilating fans frequently. Grease should not be
allowed to accumulate on fan or filter.
4. Use proper pan size. Always use cookware appropriate for the
size of the surface element.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS IN THE
EVENT OF A RANGE TOP GREASE FIRE, OBSERVE THE
1. SMOTHER FLAMES with a close-fitting lid, cookie sheet,
or metal tray, then turn off the burner. BE CAREFUL TO
PREVENT BURNS. If the flames do not go out immediately,
EVACUATE AND CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
QP4 Series Range Hoods
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR DOMESTIC COOKING ONLY
2. NEVER PICK UP A FLAMING PAN — You may be burned or
spread the fire.
3. DO NOT USE WATER, including wet dishcloths or towels - a
violent steam explosion will result.
4. Use an extinguisher ONLY if:
A. You know you have a Class ABC extinguisher, and you
already know how to operate it.
B. The fire is small and contained in the area where it started.
C. The fire department is being called.
D. You can fight the fire with your back to an exit.
* Based on “Kitchen Firesafety Tips” published by NFPA.
1. For indoor use only.
2. For general ventilating use only. Do not use to exhaust
hazardous or explosive materials and vapors.
3. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbalanced
impeller, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc., off power
4. Do not use over cooking equipment greater than 70,000
BTU/hr. as the blower motor will shut down intermittantly.
5. Your hood motor has a thermal overload which will
automatically shut off the motor if it becomes overheated. The
motor will restart when it cools down. If the motor continues
to shut off and restart, have the hood serviced.
6. The top of the hood MUST NOT BE LESS than 30” and at a
maximum of 36” above cooktop for best
e of cooking
7. This hood is not intended to be used as a shelf.
8. Please read specification label on product for further
information and requirements.
Register your product online at: www.broan.com
Installer: Leave this manual
with the homeowner.
Homeowner: Cleaning, Maintenance and
Operating instructions on page 2.