7D-Link DAP-2553 User Manual
Section 1 - Product Overview
• Four different operation modes - Capable of operating in one of four different operation modes to meet your
wireless networking needs: Access Point, WDS with AP, WDS, or Wireless Client.
• Faster wireless networking with the 802.11n (draft) standard to provide a maximum wireless signal rate of up to
• Compatible with the 802.11b standard to provide a wireless data rate of up to 11 Mbps, allowing you to migrate
your system to the 802.11n (draft) and 802.11g standards on your own schedule without sacricing connectivity.
• Compatible with the 802.11g standard to provide a wireless data rate of up to 54 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz frequency
• Compatible with the 802.11a standard to provide a wireless data rate of up to 54 Mbps in the 5 GHz frequency range.
• Better security with WPA - The DAP-2553 can securely connect wireless clients on the network using WPA (Wi-Fi
Protected Access) to provide a much higher level of security for your data and communications than its previous
• AP Manager II management software - The real-time display of the network's topology and AP’s information
makes network conguration and management quick and simple.
• SNMP for management - The DAP-2553 is not just fast, but also supports SNMP v.3 for better network
management. Superior wireless AP manager software is bundled with the DAP-2553 for network conguration
and rmware upgrade. Systems administrators can also set up the DAP-2553 easily with the Web-based
conguration. A D-Link D-View 6.0 module will be downloadable for network administration and real-time network
trafc monitoring with D-Link D-View 6.0 software.
• Utilizes OFDM technology (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing).
• Supports 802.3af Power over Ethernet.
• Supports one 10/100/1000M Ethernet port.
• Operates in the 2.4~2.5 GHz and 5.15~5.85 GHz** frequency ranges.
• Web-based interface for managing and conguring.
*Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specications. Actual data throughput may vary. Network conditions and environmental factors,
including volume of network trafc, building materials and construction, and network overhead can lower actual data throughout rate.
**Please note that operating frequency ranges vary depending on the regulations of individual countries and jurisdictions. The DAP-2553 isn’t supported in the
5.25~5.35 GHz and 5.47 ~ 5.725 GHz frequency ranges in some regions.